Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Up (La-Haut)

I was under the impression that Up was out when I was in France, but apparently it wasn't. I saw posters for "La-Haut" everywhere, however, and when I got back to America, it was out in theaters and the critics loved it.

A month and a half later, I finally got my rear end to the cinema to watch it.

Can't say I adored it--but it was certainly cute and touching and mushy, etc. I loved the little dog and the amusing bird. It's a bit sad for a Disney movie, but it's Disney/Pixar so I guess they can get away with it.

I'm much more excited about the Princess and the Frog, which comes out at the holidays. Disney's first full-length hand-animated movie since sometime in the ninties when Pixar took over! I can't wait! And it's set in some kind of weird New Orleans, which could be really cool.

Disneyland in 3 weeks! I'm actually really nervous about leaving now because our team decided to produce the entire Dhoom Taana video--which means another dance segment and 2 more minutes of footage, as well as another intense costume array. If I'm not here to make it all work out, it falls apart. Sigh.

But Disneyland is worth it.

No comments: