Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Producer? Really?

That's right. I've declared a theater major with an arts administration minor, so I can work towards becoming a film producer. This means business classes, lots of drama work, and some plays. Well, as long as I don't have to act! :)
I realized how much i enjoyed this whole thing when it struck me that I haven't been sad since it started. Stressed, maybe, but i'll take stress over sadness any day. I love detail-oriented work, especially work that involves planning and careful management. And I'm an excellent multitasker and I'm very good at manipulating people (which I've heard is an important trait in the film world).

In terms of Dhoom Taana, we're moving right along to our second practice, which is today. It is mandatory, so I hope everyone comes. Costumes are our main problem right now, as well as location and a small sum for hair, unless we end up doing it ourselves (I haven't heard back from the hairstylist yet, so). Makeup hopefully will be done by the lovely Kaitlyn Fronberg.

We have some lovely sketches for costumes. It's just going to take a lot of thinking to get them to look right, is all, especially since we have limited funding.

No comments: