Thursday, July 9, 2009

kaiseeeee....something something something.


(Dhoom Taana)
Today was our shoot for the first segment!
Am I happy?
You bet your buttons! It was a lot of fun and we got it all done in five hours!
We drove to Stanford Campus in a line of five cars (without getting lost!) and finally stopped by the museum. After walking a little bit, we saw this secluded, white marble structure. It seemed like the perfect place to shoot, so we approached. Andrew jokingly said, "Wouldn't it be great if it was a mausoleum?"
And guess what? It was Leland Stanford's tomb.
We filmed a bollywood music video on top of Leland Stanford's mausoleum.
The shoot went well. The boys were getting sunburned without shirts on and people were definitely tired by 2:45 (we started at 11:30--I got up at 6:30 today to get peoples' hair and makeup done). But the general karma was excellent and energy was high. It was a great feeling--our little group bonded and we all sunburnt together.
Rish got his shots, I got my video, and everyone else got their dancing in for today. I posted copious amounts of picture and preliminary video on facebook, so go check it out.
Now we have to worry about the pirate ship shoot, because I have to get that boat chartered, and it's looking like it's going to be closer to $900.00, not $300.00. But you know, we can afford that, because we have 40 people in our shoot now, and if we each pay $22.50, it's all good. Or if we get 50 people...
We'll have to see. I'm hoping I can get the guy who owns the boat to lower the price a bit, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
So today was fabulous fun. Yay. Next practice is on Monday. Oh i'm so tired.

1 comment:

Collin said...

Enjoying your blog (with the new title) -- getting your take on the day's events :)