Friday, August 21, 2009

Laure-Marie Verity has a new name.

Lauren has changed her facebook name twice in the past month.

First it was to Ren, the cute nickname that replaced Lauren in freshman year of college.

Then it was to Laure-Marie, the name she used as a username on Protagonize and started to love.

Laure-Marie means elegance. It means foreign wealth, fame, fortune, dare I say fuckloads of diamonds? (Lily Allen reference there) It means a new start, which I desperately need. It means confidence. It means Audrey Hepburn, not questionable Katy Perry. It means Catherine Deneuve, not Paris Hilton.

It means everything I think a lady should be: skilled at foreign languages, player of a musical instrament, a possessor of good taste in all things, a woman with a cool exterior but a passionate interior, confident, beautiful, intelligent/well-versed in pop culture and historical culture, very of the moment but also very classic, and lastly, happy.

I wish I could be all that! But someday I know I will be.

No comments: