Sunday, October 12, 2008

Laughter

If only everything were as simple as a laugh.
I wish I could change every bad emotion I have ever had into a laugh. If I could laugh in the face of fear, anxiety, loneliness...it wouldn't be able to laugh back at me.
I'm listening to the laughter of my roommates in the other room. I'm not in a mood for laughing. I'm lost in myself, confused. Meditation is helping but my mind is muddled today, full of reasons, lies, truths, desperation, and stress.
Focusing has become a struggle. I cannot live in a place where all we discuss is our social lives. I need something more. I need a thirst for the same kind of intellect I want to possess. Talk to me about Kant, or about Descartes, or about anything, God, anything at all. Just not Gossip Girl.
So I'm drifting into non-existance. My logic: Why stay in this plane when there's little left to stay for?
I should be all means be a druggie. Too bad I'm morally opposed.

1 comment:

jfille said...

Please don't drift away. Doesn't the beauty of life do anything to hold you here? Beauty is an anchor. Love is an anchor.

But by all means, let us have intellectual discussions. I am always happy for them. Extra points if you want to talk about God. :P

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the people who only want to talk about Gossip Girl... Il faut que tu trouves de bonnes amies, cheri. Je te tiens dans mes prieres.