Friday, March 7, 2008

I was dancing on the floor...

(Goldfrapp, A&E)
Dancing is really good for you. Swing dance last night was really fun, we learned how to do this kick step thing, it's really violent and fast! I got it by the end of the night, though.
Today everyone is gone from the dorm. It's strangely silent. Refreshing.
I saw Penelope tonight. It was pretty good, definitely very chic-flick-y. But still very cute, and the actors were good in it, definitely a winner in my book. The main bad guy in it is also Mr. Bingley from the new Pride and Prejudice!! I was instantly won over by his cute face and his adorable red hair (not to mention the accent).
Tomorrow I'm going to see Miss Pettigrew Lives for A Day and then make vegan pizza with my roommate and her mom. Hopefully also see the Other Boleyn Girl online, even if it got bad reviews.
I also retract my earlier statement about jeans and a t-shirt, it doesn't really matter what you wear as long as it's what you want to wear. I was rudely awakened to the cold reality of Barbie Doll fashion yesterday...I guess I never knew that there actually *are* people like the girls on the Hills...all they were concerned about was how their hair looked and if their chanel logos were showing, and how much money they could spend on their next outfit. And their idea of sewing a fashion line? Taking someone else's clothes and cutting them up, and passing them off as their own. Gross.
Plus because I was wearing Harajuku Lovers (OMG) and not a haute couture name brand, they started looking down on me, and wouldn't talk to me, or even look at me. Gross! It pissed me off. So I decided that judging people based on what they wear isn't fair.
I guess someone was trying to tell me not to get in too deep, or I might become like them. Karma!

No comments: